Terms & Conditions
1. Flue Check operate on an a.m or p.m appointment basis. Due to the nature of chimney related work we cannot be held liable for late arrival and wherever possible contact the customer to advice of delays.
2. Flue Check operate on a paid on completion basis. Flue Check accept cash, cheque or bank transfer.
3. Returned cheques carry a £45 administration fee which is added to the Flue Check customers original bill
4. Payment of goods supplied by Flue Check to a customer are payable in advance. Any goods supplied by Flue Check and not paid for by the Flue Check customer remain the property of Flue Check. It is agreed that Flue Check at their discretion may remove any unpaid materials or goods from a customer’s site should an account remain unpaid.
5.Flue Check operate a business that expects payment on the day of completion. Any unpaid work completed will be subject to an added administration fee of £45 to cover each late invoice and statement or letter.
6.Flue Check expect the site supplied by the Flue Check customer to be safe to work in. It is the Flue Check customers responsibility to clear trip hazards, secure fire places to walls, remove breakable and precious objects from work areas, provide a safe means of electrical supply for Flue Check equipment to connect too.
7. Chimney sweeping and inspection carried out by Flue Check is done so with the utmost care however Flue Check can not be held responsible for objects dislodged or unsettled either inside or outside of the chimney during any works.
8.Flue Check customers are advised to move cars from driveways and notify their neighbours of proposed works.
9. On full payment of all works Flue Check will issue paid invoices on request and issue relevant industry documentation
10. Flue Check customer supplied materials and goods used in connection with any work carried out by Flue Check carry no Flue Check guarantee whatsoever ever.
11. Flue Check customers have a right to cancel as per their statutory rights. It is accepted that any cancellation of works involving pre-ordered goods will carry a 30% re-stock charge. Any special order goods supplied or ordered on a one off no return agreement will be charged in full as per the supplier’s invoice plus £45 administration fee.
12. Flue liner guarantee depends upon the Flue Check customer adhering to the following requirements,
- Burning materials as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Sweeping liner by Flue Check at manufacturer’s suggested intervals.
- Only sweeping liner with appropriate equipment.
13. In the event of Flue Check being unable to sweep a chimney or carry out associated works due to an industry recognised safety issue it is deemed as accepted by the customer that Flue Check be paid a call out fee of £45 for the Wirral and £60 for Chester & Liverpool areas.
14. Any offers listed on the Flue Check website or any other advertising medium are subject to change. Flue Check reserve the right to cease the offer at any time without notice.
15. Works undertaken by Flue Check that are beyond a 75 mile radius and through no fault of Flue Check run over the allotted period of labour time agreed will incur both accommodation and further labour costs.
16. Flue Check undertake servicing of gas fire and solid fuel appliances, the fire brick panels are often made of a very soft and fragile material. Flue Check can not be held responsible for cracked bricks or panels that have been subject to high temperatures during normal day to day usage of the appliance and these cracks are often invisible until a section is removed. These parts are a service issue and require to be replaced from time to time. The Flue Check customer should order these items from their supplier or manufacturer. Flue Check can arrange fitting at a nominal cost.
17. Flue Check will charge any toll charge required to reach your property on top of any quoted labour charge.
18. All soot is classified as household waste and the Flue Check customers waste receptacle will be used to place bagged up soot that Flue Check has removed from the chimney of the Flue Check customers home.
19. Any debris other than soot will be left at the Flue Check customers property for disposal by the Flue Check customer or if agreed at the contract stage and confirmed by Flue Check in writing a skip will be placed on the customer’s property by the agent of Flue Check for the removal of waste materials from site. The cost of supplying a skip will be agreed in writing or will be met at the Flue Check customers expense. At no time will Flue Check transport waste materials to a waste disposal tip inside any Flue Check vehicle.